As a member of Team Madison County, Jackson Energy Authority (JEA) partners with the Jackson Chamber, City of Jackson, Madison County, State of Tennessee, and TVA to promote the economic development of the Jackson, Tennessee area. As the community's provider for electric, natural gas, water, wastewater, and telecommunications services, we offer a single point of contact to coordinate all your utility infrastructure and service needs.
JEA's commitment to our industrial community is to provide reliable and sufficiently sized utility infrastructure for current and future needs, incorporating redundancy in all systems wherever possible. JEA is the utility service provider to the only TVA/Deloitte Consulting designated Enterprise Data Center site in the state of Tennessee.
Commitment To Quality.
- Abundant, 100% aquifer based water supply.
- 100% fiber optic Gigabit Ethernet network with bandwidth availability to 10 Gbps (dark fiber)
Commitment To Reliability.
- As the West TN hub for the TVA electric transmission system, JEA has five geographically diverse high-voltage transmission lines (500 kV & 161 kV) serving the Jackson area.
- Of over 2,000 public power companies in the United States, JEA is the only utility to receive the American Public Power Assoc. (APPA) RP3 Diamond Award five consecutive times due to our reliability, safety, and customer service performance.
- Access to two high-pressure natural gas transmission pipelines systems.
- Industrial park areas with the capability of being served by either of our two water treatment plants with over 10 million gallons per day of available excess capacity.
Commitment To Customer Service.
- JEA offers one point of contact for all your major utilities whether is it coordinating new construction or maintaining daily operations.
- Our state-of-the-art underground Control Center is staffed 24 hours a day to respond to emergencies, equipment problems, and questions for customer service and billing.
- We provide a variety of efficiency and reliability focused services to our large commercial and industrial customers at no charge to allow them to remain efficient and competitive.
Commitment To Cost Competitiveness.
- JEA's water and wastewater treatment plants currently operate with over 10 million gallons per day of excess available capacity which means infrastructure is currently in place to keep rates competitive.
- JEA offers some of the lowest electric rates within the TVA service territory.
- With access to two natural gas transmission pipelines, transportation charges can remain competitive.
- JEA's telecommunications system offers connectivity to three long-haul fiber companies offering service with nine different data carriers.
John Nanney, Vice President, Economic and Industrial Development
telephone: 731-422-7325 email: firstname.lastname@example.org